Tuesday, October 23, 2001

Voila! It's Jason!!!! Go visit his "nonsensical ramblings from a cubicle dweller." :)

Last night Jason and I went over to Doc Holliday's and had a drink or two. I definitely needed to do that after yesterday. Yesterday was okay; it was just oh-so-very, very Monday. Sigh... But I had my "big brother" to listen to me rant and rave, so that was good.

I am thinking of founding the Assocation for Rejected Creative People. My internship is over in two-and-a-half weeks, and my future is still extremely uncertain. I have a plan of a attack, and a fairly decent Plan B in the works, but I think there should be some kind of organization for unemployed and/or soon-to-be-unemployed artists who are just craving for an opportunity to be given an opportunity, recognized, acknowledged or even paid. I don't know how this would work, but there would definitely be sessions where the artists are given Gratuitous Praise: "You're incredible! Your work is amazing! It changed my life! You're pretty!" and the RJCs could say, "Thank you! I'm so glad! Wow! I'm honored that my work touched you!"

Sigh...

Well, my boss just came in and asked me to go shoot the new Uber-McDonald's they're building on Rt. 30. Apparently, it's huge, and there's an electrician in a cherry-picker wearing a bright orange cowboy hat. They tore down a Long John Silver's, and they are building it right next to another McDonald's, which makes no sense. What are they going to do with the old McDonald's? And do we really need a bigger McDonald's?

No comments: