Friday, October 05, 2001

So I was talking to Alissa last night, and I was telling her a story about the Renaissance Faire, which I attended last Sunday with Jason and Gwen (Hi guys!), and I told a story that Alissa just thought was hilarious, and so I am putting it up here for your enjoyment. Okay, so I should start out by saying that Jason kind of hates the Ren Faire (oooh, I feel like I'm all in touch with the people at the faire since I say "Ren Faire"-- Call me Ian. In a good way. :) because when he was in fifth grade or something, he went to the Ren Faire with the special interest class, and he had a dagger or a bow and arrow or something, and one of the queen's guards yelled at him for having a weapon in front of the queen. So Jason is a little leary about Ren Faire characters (I think it's kind of like my fear of people who were in dance theater, except for Amanda and HEF), but Gwen and I talk him into going with us anyway.

So we're at the faire, and there were many, many opportunties to embarrass Jason and call attention to him, but Gwen and I were so good. We valiantly fought the urge to embarrass him, until we were about to leave. One of the jesters was walking by, and I couldn't help myself. I pulled the jester aside and told him that my friend always gets yelled at by characters at the Ren Faire, and would he please yell at my friend? So he started shaking his finger in a "Naughty Naughty" type way and going "BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH" (I really have to do this imitation for you audibly.) Jason was doing that adorable Jason thing where he is enjoying something despite himself, and he doesn't want to admit to anyone that he thinks something is good and/or funny, so he kind of laughs and blushes and shakes his head and says things like "Why? Why would you do that?"

He also let us call him by his old embarrassing knickname, (which I will not post up here,) which was very sweet of him. He also let Best College Friend Jo and I drag him onto many, many rollercoasters at Hershey Park last month (which may be because, frankly, Jo is hot:). He is like a brother to me, and I love spending time with him. Yay Jason!

No comments: