Sunday, September 02, 2001

Rice cake, anyone?

You know what I was wondering... How do they get the air in things like puffed rice and wheat? I mean, think about it. There aren't, like, miniature bike pumps or anything. How do they do that? It's like a little diet food miracle.

One of my favorite stories that Stephen tells involves puffed wheat, actually. Apparently, he spent a great deal of time during the 1992 Olympics hanging out with his cousin Ted and eating puffed wheat. They tried to figure out how to say, "I am a fool for puffed wheat" in different languages.

"Je suis un bouffau pour frommage esouffle" is the French way. That may not be exactly right. I sort of forget the word for "wheat." I have this feeling that "frommage" means cheese.

In that case, I am a fool for puffed cheese.

No comments: