Sunday, October 21, 2007

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Just wanted to share this video from a certain pirate wench's birthday party. I actually make an appearance in this one, in part because- as I explain in the video- there has been some talk about how I make everyone else be in these but never show up myself. Ha! I will never ask my loved ones to do anything for posterity I wouldn't do myself.

Also, and this sounds dirtier than it is, but for those of you who were there and are dying to see the part where the lady of the house licks the flan (told you it sounded dirty), it occurs 1 minute 23 seconds into the video.

Ernie was dressed as the Dread Pirate Roberts from the Pirate Ship Revenge, complete with an R.O.U.S. I chose to work "Storybook Love," the theme song from the movie, into the video. It turned out to be a little more tender than even I thought it would be, but it seems only fitting. I really do want to give Ernie a shout-out.

As the calendar pages flip one-by-one toward the day when Joel and I get married, Ernie and Shannon really are role models for us. While my parents' marriage is strong and impressive, inspiring in its longevity, Ernie and Shannon are fantastic role models of a young married couple. They are doing the important work of building a family, maintaining a home, and creating a life around their daughter's best interests while still encouraging each other's career goals. They make it look so easy, even though I know it's not.

Anyway. I just wanted to say that. See for yourself. :)






"Come, my love, I'll tell you a tale,/
A boy and girl, and their love story."
-Storybook Love from the movie "The Princess Bride"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw, thanks. I think you guys are doing just fine.
And thank you for the video! :) It rocks.