Thursday, January 31, 2002

I feel like I should have something new and exciting to post on here, but I really don't. I feel like I am going a bit nuts trying to please everyone in my life. Sometimes having five jobs is a scheduling nightmare. I always feel like I am running late, trying to find the governor speaking about the budget or rushing off to a job that's five minutes away because the dog takes an extra looooooooong time to do her business. Things move so fast around me, that sometimes I feel like I am whirling around, trying to be a good daughter, sister, granddaughter, girlfriend, friend, employee, etc. You know that saying that's all over the place on t-shirts these days?

The one that says, "I can please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow does not look good either." Um, yeah. Sometimes I feel like that's the epitome of my life these days.

In other news, I made up with Adam. We are now speaking to each other again. I am happy about that. No more nightmares about us fighting and him getting hit over the head with a red leather couch that falls from the sky. I feel bad because I jumped to some conclusions about the situation that led to my getting so angry with him. He really listened to me, and that enabled me to really listen to him. He really worked hard at seeing things from my perspective, and that really helped me lower my defenses. Good. It was good.

I heard over the weekend that Cosmo's- the little pizza shop that was like the nexus of my college experience may have burned down. Adam, (who was like, the very first friend I made in college- followed shortly by Best College Friend Jo :) - and I ate there a lot. If our friendship was officially over (although I do have a different, more realistic perspective on it and its place in my life) AND Cosmo's burned down- well, I might as well take the diploma off the wall, frankly. No, I am kidding. But Cosmo's and Adam WERE a big part of my college experience, and I would hate to lose them both.

Good night, all. Peace and stillness to each of you.

No comments: