Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Productivity... RAH!

Whew! Can I just say that I have been making check marks ALL OVER my To-Do Lists? Booya! I have a bunch of CDs, albums, reprints, etc. all ready to ship as I gear up for the the next round of weddings and sessions in July.

Which... July? You start TOMORROW? Really? How'd that happen?

Meanwhile, our team at the newspaper just finished our annual graduation roundup... 103 schools and colleges, 3 counties, 100 photos minimum per school, for a total of 11,863 images shot by 17 photographers in four weeks. I am all Pomped and Circumstanced out, my friends. At least until next year.

My big project, however, was a story about an amazing group of kids at a local high school. They are all English Language Learners, learning the language while navigating the teenage years. Fitting in is hard enough, assimilating is even harder. The program is different from traditional ESL programs, largely because of two amazing teachers.

Actually, you know what? I'll let them tell you about it. The video is a 6-minute mini-documentary that accompanied a 60-inch story as this past Sunday's A1 centerpiece. (And yes, I went to the prom).

No comments: