Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The House Thing

OKay, so I haven't been blogging about this, because I'm kind of worrying about jinxing something, but... Joel and I are working on buying a house.

We found a place that would work quite well for us as a starter home. We made an offer; they counter-offered. The counter offer is great... and I'm terrified that it might be too good to be true. We already had the roof inspected, and we got an estimate for getting the driveway repaved. Both of those inspections came back indicating that some significant, but (relatively) affordable repairs will be needed sooner rather than later. The sellers took those two things into account when coming back with their counteroffer, which is why it was so great. I mean maybe that's why.

But today (Wednesday) is the Big Official Home Inspection. A million possibilities are going through my head... termites? toxic mold? radon? shapeless masses of malevolent energy guarding a gateway to another dimension in the basement?



Fingers crossed that no dead clowns manifest themselves today, yeah? :)

2 comments:

Judy said...

fingers AND toes are crossed!

Julia said...

wow that clip was creepy and hilarious at the same time... good luck brave home shoppers - you are 100% more grown up than me (in a good way)!