Sunday, August 26, 2001

I can not sleep. Arg. I want to sleep. I am very tired.

I was just reading SARK's new book where she talks about taking vicarious travels. I really have the urge to travel again. I have been very nostalgic lately about places I have traveled, especially Spain. And Venice. I was watching a special about Venice on PBS today. I think I want to go to Greece next. That would be fun. I would like to travel with my friend Kelly, who has traveled vicariously with me to all of the places I have gone.

I'm wondering how my friends Gwen and Heather are faring on their grand adventure. I am imagining that tonight they just arrived in Portland after a long drive up a beautiful coastline and they were greeted enthusiastically by old friends. They are probably tired, with that special road trip punchiness that makes everything funny and makes you want to come into the place that you were travelling to and sit down with a thump even thought you have technically been sitting for hours. They are probably settling down for the night, laying on inflatable air matresses and fighting the uncontrollable giggles that always seem to hit either in church or in the quiet spaces of an unfamiliar house where you are a guest and are technically supposed to be sleeping quietly because someone's roommate type person has to work in the morning. Or in yoga class.

Alright, I am going to try and go to sleep again. There is no one here to giggle with.

No comments: