Thursday, February 19, 2004

Wheel of Fortune, Sally Ride, heavy metal, suicide...

"Because we were the first class of astronaut recruits in about 10 years, NASA had us going to all these parties, to welcome us to the space program. They had presents for us. We all- and I mean, me, and the other two women who began training at the same time I did, as well as the men- We always got cufflinks. There have been times when wearing men's cufflinks has been considered really fashionable for women. The early 80s were not one of those times."

-Sally Ride, in her lecture tonight.



Tonight I covered the latest installment of a lecture series being held at a local college. Sally Ride was an awesome public speaker. She showed these amazing photos she took from space of a hurricane in the Indian Ocean, of a forest fire in the Amazon Rain Forest, of rural Ohio at night.



Eh. I can't do this justice... so... just... GUSH GUSH GUSH GUSH GUSH. That about covers it. :)



Now, if I could only get that Billy Joel song out of my head.

No comments: