Thursday, February 12, 2004

Feels like a high school sick day...

Once a month, the ever-rotating work schedule at the paper gives me a mid-week "weekend." I sort of like it, because things close earlier on the weekends, whereas by having week days off, I can still run to Office Max at 8:30 p.m. if I need to.



So I had yesterday and today off. Yesterday I did most of the errands and laundry I had to do. (The last load is in the dryer.) Today was supposed to be dedicated to doing the Other Errands, the non-essential ones that you put off (like pricing hubcaps at AutoZone) that are really so non-essential that it doesn't matter if and when they get done.



It reminds me of a high school sick day, the kind where you felt like absolute shite in the morning when it's time to get up and go, but you don't have any tests that day and a lot of work due soon, so it's probably best to head a more serious cold/sinus infection off at the pass by not going in, you know? And you figure that if you feel better in the afternoon, you can do a little work on your term paper, but somehow you end up whiling the day away watching game shows and around 2 p.m. you're ready for your friends to get. home. from school already and fill you in the gossip.



So that's basically how I feel right now, even though I'm NOT sick, and I have a number of projects and non-essential errands I could be doing. Instead, I'm watching "Judge Mathis." You know you've hit a new low when you're watching TV judges yell at teenagers in small claims court. On the other hand, what am I putting off? Vacuuming out my car?



Of course, I usually chat with Kelly on her commute home, which should be in another.... hour and 45 minutes. Sigh.



All rise!

No comments: