Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Things That Are Going Right, Right Now

1. I have a very happy marriage.

2. I am healthy, and the vast majority of my loved ones are healthy. My parents are good. Nanny is good. The ones who aren't... Well, they ARE doing okay as they hold their own against terminal illness. I think. Most likely. No kina hurra. Turn around three times and spit.

3. My pets- recent $400 feline dental bill aside- are healthy and adorable and cuddly and funny and great. And Fred's breath smells much, much better without the peridontal "issues." Then again, for $400, his breath *should* smell like rainbows dipped in money.

4. I don't know what the future holds, but I have a plan. Sort of. The plan kind of involves panicking and running around with my hands on top of my head, but I spent the second half of last week constructing the home office of my dreams. It took trips to six different Pottery Barns in three states for post-inventory floor sample sales, plus a visit to the the PB Outlet, AND a major craiglist purchase AND an eBay coup AND an Ikea lookalike substitute, but I paid about 1/4 of what it would have cost if I had just walked into a store and threw down a credit card. Joel and I spent Valentine's Day organizing our spare room into a serious home office/studio.

I feel ready, and scared, and hopeful. I think. Most likely. No kina hurra. Turn around three times and spit.

No comments: