Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Holiday in Pictures

I am sick. I have been trying to ward off illness for quite a while. I have this theory that if you're really busy and feeling unwell, you can stay ahead of the illness if you keep moving. If you slow down, you get sick. This sounds completely unintuitive, I know, but it feels really true for me.

I just kept working and baking and shooting and decorating and filming and shopping and editing and traveling and serving and clearing and smiling and unwrapping until my weekend plus two days off for the 24th and 25th were up, and I had to go back to work.

Even then, I've been busting my butt at high school holiday tournaments, including yesterday, when I had to spend five hours in a giant cement refrigerator sucking the stench of male, teenage feet straight off the tap. (That is, I shot hockey- the sport that smells like feet!- in a tied game that only ended after 27- no exaggeration- shots on goal PER TEAM). I started shivering and feeling nauseous, chalked to up to the rink temperature and feetstink, came home, continued to shiver feel gaggy on the couch and finally just took a damn sick day. Bleh.

Which gave me plenty of time to upload all the holiday photos in flickr.

Which flickr set should you choose?


Let's see...

Can't get enough Mop Dog?



Click here! It's Christmas, Part 1: Boston.

Do you have the Captain in you?



Did you see Mommy kissing Santa Claus? Want to see more photos of the guy who will the Best Man at our wedding wearing a Santa suit, which I am sure he will be delighted to hear that you saw on the Internet come August? Check out Christmas, Part 2: New York.

Did you grow up in a place that perpetually smells of cow poop? Are you charmed by a certain toddler who looks like he just unwrapped a winning lottery ticket instead of a snowman toy from T.J. Maxx?



(Gawd, when his face lit up like that, I wanted to buy him whatever he wants, ever. Considering I have that same feeling about a bunch of other people's kids, my wallet is all... ?!?! whimper, whimper.?!?! I kind of get why Santa does his thing, actually.) Check out Christmas, Part 3: PA.

Finally, do stories about my in-laws fascinate you? Want to see how thrilled (for real, no sarcasm) a 70-year-old man can be unwrapping a peace pipe bought at a yard sale? Want to see how pretty *I* look in a His'n'Hers matching khaki baseball cap WITH DETACHABLE NECK FLAP from my mother-in-law that Joel insists will not only come in handy on our honeymoon, but could indeed SAVE OUR LIVES in the Australian Outback next summer?



Check out Christmas, Part 4: Home.

No comments: