Monday, December 04, 2006

Miserable Monkey

Hi. I am sick. Again. I feel like a broken record. I just wrote a post like this last month. This is the most serious, non-food poisoning-related illness I've had in a while. I have your standard no-good very bad cold- tonsilitis, possibly strep throat, sneezing and wheezing like one of Marge Simpson's sisters.

But! Bonus! I have an ear infection so bad that it hurts to move my jaw in certain ways. The slightest touch to that half of my head makes me whimper pathetically. It's like my Pathetic Whimper Button. Or something.

I worked on Saturday, holding it all together with Dayquil and caffeine. For the past week, I tried pounding water, taking Vitamin C and zinc supplements, getting a chiropractic adjustment, taking making my vile magic potion of lemon tea, honey and melted cough drops. I've been turning the bathroom into a steam room, pouring eucalyptus body wash under the taps and breathing deeply.

Fuck it! Fuck it all!

I finally dragged my ass to the doctor and got me some antibiotics. Which haven't kicked in yet. Most of all, I just DO NOT WANT TO BE SICK. This is really pissing me off now. I have a to-do list a mile long, projects at work that deserve my attention, and nowhere on that list does it say, "Be Miserable" and "Count the Hours Until It Is Time for More Eardrops."

Joel keeps refusing to shoot me.

No comments: