Friday, August 04, 2006

My Vacation So Far...

Tomorrow I leave for West Virginia, for a friend's wedding and a continued vacation-style adventure in manner of "cabin in the woods. Taking stock of the trip so far...

I have:

1. slept in every morning until approx noon, with no alarm clocks
2. swam in ocean on three different days, didn't get stung by jellyfish
3. napped on the beach, drifting off to sounds to waves, arcade games, sea gulls, other people talking
4. went to rental community pool with my dad, accidentally stole flotation toy from child
5. hid Scary Doll in shower, laundry hamper, my parents' bed and the microwave
6. got hour-long massage at day spa
7. went for pedicure with mom even though weird scheduling thing meant she just sat next to me
8. spent lots of time with Brad
9. read four books, two magazines and a rental listing for next year, (sleeps 14, oceanblock, elevator/wc accessible)
10. actually took time to figure out iDVD, despite frustrating software, ( Imade it MAH BITCH, sucka)
11. ate favorite beach foods in smaller portions one time each without feeling need to call old therapist, perhaps will use as deadly weapon against Uma Thurman in future nightmare (PG ladies, my apologies)
1 cheeseburger sub from Gus and Gus
2 slices of Grande pizza from Grotto
1 vanilla/orange twist soft-serve Kohrs Brother cone
Thrasher's french fries (with ketchup, a crime against potatoes everywhere, so sue me)
3 chocolate covered strawberries, two chocolate covered pretzels, small piece of fudge from Candy Kitchen
Crabbers Cove meal: watermelon, corn-on-the-cob, hush puppies, steamed crabs, Alaskan crab legs
12. Went tax-free outlet shopping, didn't spend any money
13. Hit Happy Hour at the Boars Head and walked the boards

Do I have to go back to work? Really? Why, exactly, should I do that?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a really nice vacation. :)