Saturday, July 09, 2005

The Girl Who Never Heard of Mexico

So there's Yet Another Internet Guy....We're meeting for coffee tomorrow, and we talked on the phone today. We were both on cell phones. He has a cold, and our reception was a little off. I couldn't understand half of what he was saying. I felt really bad about asking him to repeat himself.

Anyway, he was trying to tell me that he's leaving on Monday for Mexico, but his phone kept cutting out on the word "Mexico." I finally admitted that we really needed to switch to a land line, and even then, I thought he was saying Mesopo or something? Which isn't even a place. Whatever. So I tried to be all, "Oh! That's nice. I've never heard of that." And he said, "You're not understanding me. MEX.I.CO."

I burst out laughing and apologized. I was like, "Wow. If I had *actually* never heard of Mexico, I would have been your best Internet dating story ever."

We made a date for coffee. Mexico aside, I don't have high hopes for this one, though.

No comments: