Monday, June 06, 2005

This Great Book

The Fat Girls Guide to Life by Wendy Shanker absolutely rocks my world. Run, don't walk, to your nearest bookstore and buy yourself a copy. Go, now! Why are you still reading this? Well, since you are still here, here's a sneak preview...

"You're telling me my fat ass presents a bigger threat to mankind than SADDAM HUSSEIN?"
p. 112

"Do you understand? Humans are so nuts about hunger that when push comes to shove WE WILL EAT EACH OTHER. Now, I've had a binge or two, but at least I've never chewed the leg off my next-door neighbor."
p.123

"Ah, yes. Gwynnie. When ex-boyfriend Ben Affleck said that Gwyneth Paltrow is 'actually the funny, down-to-earth fat girl in the beautiful girl's body,' I nearly stabbed myself."
p. 172

You'll laugh, you'll cry, and you might even really dig her Weight Watchers conspiracy theory. Why does everything keep coming back to conspiracy theories?

No comments: