Wednesday, November 03, 2004

I feel like I could vomit blood.

Yesterday when I was voting, I actually got a little misty-eyed, thinking that this was it, that here was our chance to change things, to make things right, to show the world the compassionate and just country America can be.



I am heart-broken, not necessarily because I believed in Kerry, but because the people who taught me right from wrong, who worked three jobs each to help me earn my education, who took me to Martin Luther King, Jr.'s home, church and grave, who instilled in me a deep respect for scientific research, voted for Bush. And they did it in my name, because they believed we would be safer from a terrorist attack in New York City if we didn't change administrations.



I doubt that we will be able to undo the damage that this president has done, and will do in the next four years, in my lifetime.



Not in my name. Not in my name, not ever.

No comments: