Monday, April 19, 2004

Oy.

Yeah, last week sucked.



First of all, I am absolutely fine, not at all injured. But someone rear-ended me and my beautiful Grown Up Car, (the one I love and bought myself and still pay for and was trying to keep in excellent condition) to the tune of $3,300.



The other driver was fine. I'm fine. It could have been a lot worse. He has insurance. His insurance is paying for a rental car. My car will be ready to roll in two weeks.



My weekend was pretty good. I had to work a lot on Saturday, but Stephen drove a long freakin' way just to cheer me up. We rented a DVD, and he bought me dinner (with a strawberry shortcake sundae) at Friendly's. Alissa crashed here on her way to see her relatives in Newburgh, and Antje (her musician college roommate friend whose CDs I listen to with the devotion of a 10th-grade girl discovering Tori Amos for the first time) came here for dinner.



I am sufficiently cheered. :) Be safe, all of you.

No comments: