Sunday, January 26, 2003

Okay, sorry it's been a while...

Since I wrote last...

I said good-bye to Stephen and got used to living alone again.
I negotiated a (slightly) higher salary successfully.
I said my goodbyes at the Merald.
I jumped out of my car and photographed people running from their burning apartment building with their pets. That was truly scary, to see people trying to put out a fire with a garden hose, realize they couldn't stop the fire and run for their lives.(No people- or pet, actually- injured or killed.)
I said my goodbyes at the Merald again.
I began to transition my thinking away from Miami as home.
I flew to New York, found a good apartment (maybe even a great one?), where both Bella and Fred are permitted. (RAH!- This is v. big, as I called SO. MANY. properties, landlords and realtors and heard- complete with Scarsdale/Long Island accent- who just said "no dawgs, no dawgs, no dawgs" over and over.
I realized I won't be the Daughter Who Lives Really Far Away for much longer...

All of these things were intensely more complicated than they sound. It was good to have my Big Sister along for the roller coaster. :)

This is good. This is very good.

No comments: