Monday, December 23, 2002

So I'm back in Lancaster for the holidays. Buh-dump-bump. I came home and had one of the best laughs I've had in a long time with Amanda, Alissa, Scott and my dad, around the kitchen table, of course. :) I can't wait for the rest of you who are coming home to be there, too. (Also, Kelly and College Roommate Countdown: 5 Days!) Yay!

Jilly, I wish you were going to be in a "NOT 10+ Hours Away" Type place, so it would be feasible to see you, too. Boo. But I got your present! I love it! It reminds me of your sunflower teaset and multiple varieties of cocoa. Thank you thank you (to Nikki, too!) Oh, and thank your mom for the cookies. SO GOOD. :)

Also, I have some good news. I haven't shared it with many people yet, partly because I wanted to see how it would turn out, and I feel really arrogant just announcing this on my blog, but I do want to share it, so.... AH. Okay. This week, I completed a freelance travel piece about Miami that will appear sometime in the next month in the Yew Nork Times. Seriously. I almost fell off my chair when they called (recommended by one of my editors at the Hiami Merald.) They are thinking about a 4-6 (probably five?:) picture layout, although that's always contingent on space and design, etc. But I am really excited. I don't know the publication date yet, though. So yeah... That was the big thing keeping me busy this week.

Well that, and FINALLY locating the source of the Increasingly Funky Smell emaninating from my fridge. Who knew people in humid climates have to empty the drip tray once in a while? I'm not even sure I *knew* about refrigerator drip trays before....

No comments: