Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Very Quickly...

More later, (and more about things that aren't my dog, because HOW many entries have been only about her now?) but Bella's x-rays and ultrasounds were yesterday and they came back completely clear. We don't know exactly why her vision problems started, but we do know it isn't any kind of cancer or anything life-threatening. Pretty much just checkups, eye drops and steroid pills (to try to reattach the retineas) hidden in cheese from here on out. I feel like a thousand pounds have been lifted off my shoulders.

Bella's eyes continue to look clearer everyday, which means that the new kind of eye drops are at least helping the uveaitis (fancy schmancy word for outer and inner eye irritation) if not the retinal detachment, which always seems to be improving. This is excellent, as Fred would have been a terrible seeing-eye cat. He is so, so dumb. He'd probably would have lead her into an open manhole or something.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous news!!!! I'm happy to hear that you are all feeling a bit better!

Anonymous said...

That's such awesome news. And I'm glad I'm not the only person who knows the pill-wrapped-in-cheese bit, because I taught it to my friend for her dog, and she (my friend, not the dog) thought I was insane. Until she tried it, and now she thanks me every time the dog needs meds.

I only wish it worked the same way for cats. Sigh.

Becky said...

If only I had a dog to try the pill-in-cheese bit. Growing up, we had a dog, and gave him his pills by sticking them in spoonfuls of peanut butter.

I wonder if pills-in-cheese works with cats....

Cara said...

Yay, good news! Glad to hear it.

Anonymous said...

Becky - it doesn't work for cats. They'll eat the cheese around the pill and leave the pill totally untouched. Same thing happens if you try to hide it in tuna, too. (I've tried.)

Anonymous said...

This is SUCH great news!!!