Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Just a few to hold you over...


wedding102
Originally uploaded by GypsyPeach.
Okay, so the web slide show from Kelly and Michael's wedding will up really, really soon. Like, tomorrow. Probably.

I feel compelled to say, however, that unlike the other recent slide shows, I wasn't Kelly's real wedding photographer. I mostly shot photos of the people who were around me throughout the day, so there are a ton of the bride and my sister (the other attendant), a handful of my parents doing the chicken dance, and absolutely none of the ceremony or formal portrait session. Just so you know.

If you want to see the fancy-schmancy slide show with music and rehearsal dinner photos, you have to come hang out and eat pie after Thanksgiving. Same Bat Time, same Bat Channel as every other year. And I'm making the pie now, so it won't be all weird and grey and spicy (I figured out why that was happening, though. It was Larry's fault. No, really. It was.)

Oh, and you have to do a special extra step to leave comments now. Have fun with that. :)

4 comments:

Chunky Photojournalist Barbie said...

Buy vitamins! Look up horse photography! Read about my wellness plan! Enlarge your penis! See if Comment Spam Blocking measures are actually working!

Anonymous said...

Yay for no more comment spam! And the pictures that you have posted so far are great - that one of junior high dancing is hilarious.

Btw, grey pie? Um... ew.

Chunky Photojournalist Barbie said...

About the pie... yeah... When I was little, my grandmother made amazing, delicious pumpkin pies. About 20 years ago, she befriended this very kind, but very eccentric man named Larry. He's harmless, but eccentric. He's like a son to her. They talk on the phone everyday, and he helps out a lot with things (like yardwork and moving heavy things and grocery shopping) that would otherwise fall soley on my dad's shoulders. He and Nanny also cook up a storm.

The first Thanksgiving Larry spent with our family and every year after that, the pumpkin pies were a disaster. They were a gross, unnatural color. I never made the connection to Larry until I took over Pie Duty last year. I just followed the recipe on the can of Libby's Pumpkin. Nanny took one bite and absolutely beamed. "This is JUST LIKE my old recipe!" Larry took a bite and said, "Oh, I like it spicier than this. I always double the spices on the recipe."

HE WAS DOUBLING THE SPICES, including the cloves, which is why the pies were gray and weird.

Anonymous said...

And that right there is why it's a bad idea to trust men named Larry.