Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Oh, no...

Right now Sinead O'Connor is performing with some kind of Jamaican rock group thingy on the Tonight Show... and no. Just.. oh, this is awful. In my wholly unimportant important opinion, this is a bad career move. Not as bad as tearing up a photo of the Pope on live TV, but still... What is she-? Oh, no.

You know, actually, many years ago Gwen put a really wonderful Sinead O'Connor song on a mix for me about the troubles in Ireland, and it has this beautiful line: "We used to worship God as a mother..." It always struck a chord with me, but this new Rasta Irish-y thing? Why?

But now Conan is on. So there's that.

How many shopping days does Dick Cheney has left with the Bush administration, do you think? I'm hoping we'll see indictments handed down when the grand jury reconvenes later today. Harriet Miers for VP! Not.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sinead is not a Rastafarian. She should stop trying.
Oh, the weirdness.

Chunky Photojournalist Barbie said...

Huh. I love that the "wellness plan" that is so impressive to my anonymous comment spammer involves injecting insulin into your thigh in a public place while ordering alcohol, followed by sending psychotropic medications and lard-filled cake through the mail...

Yes, folks... Do all of that and you'll be top-notch! "I know I'm talking about," too.

Anonymous said...

I just love how they try to flatter you into thinking that they're complimenting your site, so you'll thinking "well, this anonymous person thinks I'm cool, so I should click on the link he left." Um, riiiiiight.

Anonymous said...

I say your blog is top-notch! Haha. I say that too. Your blog, top-notch! Cheerio, then!

The spammers sort of amuse me, but I would type the weird word if you wanted us to.

I also have to say, I kind of think that Sinead is one of those people who makes really bad artistic choices but who I admire anyway just for making them. She's no SELL-OUT LIZ PHAIR (and I'm deliberately not putting asteriks in there so everyone who googles those words knows that there are others who agree with them) who just does stuff because she wants to make money... the Rastafarian thing sounds hellacious, but you know, at least it's for her art and stuff, and not just for her bank account...