Monday, April 18, 2005

Oof.

I think I'm back in the Land of the Living, despite feeling like I got kicked in the stomach from the outside AND the inside, come to think of it. My dad came up here to keep an eye on me, AND he fixed the dodgy shelf in the fridge. Love the lovely father.

The Tae Kwon Do school is running on an abridged schedule due to their spring break, which is a shame, because I could really kick the shit out of something, frankly. Not that I could. Kelly, my usual sparring partner, is 16. She's an advanced brown belt who wants to be an instructor. I'd love to see some guy "get fresh" (as Nanny would say) with her, let me tell you. She's so good that she's scary. She's working on her jump around roundhouse kick, which is that cool thing they do in martial arts movies where they spin around really fast and then kick the bad guy in the face, you know? All I have to is hold the bag and occasionally get out of the way in time.

No comments: