Saturday, May 15, 2004

A New Challenge...

So I am putting out a Gentle Self-Improvement Challenge. It's an experiment, really.



I've decided, that for the next week, I am going to do some the things I "should" do but never seem to be able to manage. As I write this, I am doing the Rembrandt 2-hour Dramatic Whitening Teeth Bleaching system. I have Biore Pore Strips Stuck all over my face, and when they come off I am going to do a Mint Julep Pore Cleansing Mask ( Thank you, HEKF!) My fingernails are sporting a fresh French manicure ( I *know!* Don't pass out :), and the fridge is full of fresh, healthy foods.



For the next week:

I will drink 8 glasses of water every day.

I will floss every day. (I hate flossing, this is huge.)

I will maintain my nails, even if that means removing the polish and filing.

I will sit in my sacred space on 5 separate occasions.

I will not oversleep- no more than 9 hours a night (Don't hate me.)

I will spend "quality time" in nature at least once.

I will write in my journal.

I will not eat fast food more than once.

I will read more and watch television less.

And I will exercise- really get up and do it- at least 2 times.



I just want to see if all the things I dismiss as being "high maintenance, unnecessary, simply just-not-enough-time-or-energy/so why freakin' bother?" actually do help me feel more focused, energized, confident and/or less stressed. I sort of doubt it, but I am going to try.



By the way, this is, in part, inspired by my awesome friends, with their diligent aerobics-doing, softball-playing, yoga-ohming, gym-going, urban funk-dancing, healthy-eating, Brita-guzzling, Lindy Hop-Exchanging successful life habits. :)



Still, though. Anyone want to join me in the Gentle Self-Improvement Challenge?

No comments: