Sunday, August 24, 2003

So "The Karate Kid" is on ESPN Classic. Who I even had this channel? I loved this movie when it first came out. I thought Daniel Laruso/Ralph Macchio was the best looking guy ever. You know when you played MASH and got to have celebrity candidate for the husband category? (Half a dozen of my male friends all just went "Huh?") Yeah, he was always my first pick. Followed by Kirk Cameron.

Hmm....

I forgot that all the bullies wore black sweatsuits with skeletons painted on them.

You know, I find watching this now that Daniel Laruso is really short and dorky and that whole Crane Defense Kick thing isn't nearly as dramatic as I remembered, but overall, it's much more endearing than I remembered, too. Did you realize Mrs. Miagi died in childbirth in a relocation camp in California during WWII? Me, neither. Probably the result of my being 5 when this movie was made and 9 when we got a VCR. :)

Ah, well... Wax on, wax off. Wax on, wax off.

No comments: