Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sneak Preview: Emily and Jeremy

On Sunday, I shot Emily and Jeremy's beautiful wedding in upstate New York. For those of you keeping score, yes, that's THREE weddings in one week. Also, this morning Joel and I signed contracts and put the down payment down on a house! On Saturday we leave for Hawaii! I am very, very tired!

Back to Emily and Jeremy...

Emily and Jeremy kind of remind me of me and Joel. Jeremy is also a high school science teacher. Emily's attendants were her sister and her very best friends from her childhood and high school, along with one friend from S.U. (also my alma mater).



They had an amazing summer day with an outdoor wedding and clear blue skies.

I love this photo of Jeremy hugging his mom. 


"Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion." Quick! Somebody name that movie!





They surprised Jeremy's grandmother by having her flip a coin to see who went first to say their vows. (Michelle, you have totally started a trend. Also, your sneak preview is next on the list! Promise!)





The groom's brother Kyle gave an awesome best man speech. He gave them a gift and had them open it right then there. The present? Two loaded water guns with a note that said, "Defend yourselves."

It turned into a full-on, water gun ambush.





The bride's mother provided bubbles for the children to play with, but she got the amazing, humungous kind.

I can't decide which of these I like best.


I got a little carried away with the bubble shots.




Conga line!
While I was down on the floor shooting these two, I got an idea...

And the bride and groom humored me for yet another unusual shot.


The bride danced for hours, then just gave up on her shoes altogether.


Congratulations, you guys! Thanks so much for having me shoot your wedding!

5 comments:

Commuter Chan said...

Awesome pictures - that bride is gorgeous!!

michelle said...

Wow. I love all their ideas: water gun fight, bocce ball, huge bubbles. Awesome. Don't worry about my "sneak preview." No added stress needed. I can't wait to see them, that's for sure, but I will wait patiently exactly like I want my future daughter to learn to do ;)

Oh, and the coin toss thing came out of Travis' coin collecting nature so I think maybe he deserves the credit ;)

Emily Lopuch said...

Angie,

I am blown away by how beautifully you've captured our wedding. I especially love the one of Jeremy and his mom...wow, do they look alike :) I am so glad you were there - we couldn't have asked for a better photographer. Plus, Jeremy and I both have big friend crushes on you, so count us in if you ever need extra geeky board game players. Either way, I'm sure I'll be coming back to you in the future, to photograph other exciting, lovely occasions.

Party on...
Emily

Anonymous said...

These pictures are wonderful, full of excitment and captured my family as they truley are having alot of fun, Your ideas were spuratic and I really liked that in you as a photographer. Thank you Angie for going the extra mile.
Emily's Aunt Cheryl

Garheid said...

We are family friends of the Thornton family and simply love the way you captured their wedding ... what a gift you have.

Lindsay family