Tuesday, January 06, 2009

The pod people have released my brain!

Wow. Tonight it took me a solid five minutes to remember the line of wedding gowns that my dress ultimately came from. I could not, for the life of me, remember the words "Lee-Ann Belter." I had to do two google searches until I came up with it. I can't believe forgot that.

You know what this means, right? I'm free!

I enjoyed the wedding planning process, but man, I spent months developing fully formed opinions about reception tents, illuminated paper lanterns, cocktail napkins, hand-fasting cords, fan-shaped programs and do-it-yourself invitation designs. No regrets, but the pod people who came and took over my brain when I got engaged have officially released their hold. Ah, well.

EDITED TO ADD: Well, maybe not. The song Joel danced with his mom to just came on the radio. The bagpipe-y interlude made me weepy.

3 comments:

Samosas for One said...

Hi Angie! It was great to meet you at Anne's party. I've been telling all my friends about the beautiful photography you and Joel create and sending them to your Milestone Images website. Come visit my blog some time. www.samosasforone.blogspot.com

Chunky Photojournalist Barbie said...

Hey Anu, welcome! I loved some of the quotes on your blog. Thanks for reading and sending people to Milestone! :)

lauren said...

So, of course I have to go and Google Lee-Ann Belter. And now I must have the Vanessa dress. Like, just to wear around the house.

Damn you, Pod People.