Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Itchy

I have poison ivy. Yes, I know what it looks like. When you're as sensitive to the stuff as I am, you can get the rash just from brushing up against the skeleton of the vine; that is, you don't even see "the leaves of three" you're supposed to "leave be."

I did a story about volunteers clearing invasive vine species from a state park. I was careful, but clearly I wasn't careful enough. I think my camera and/or bag brushed up against it, because the rash is all over my neck and chest and the spot on the back of my leg where the camera bag brushes against it.

Misery and woe.

MISERY, I said. AND WOE.

This entry has been brought to you by Debbie Downer. Sorry. I would send you all some of my happy pills if I could.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Poor you! Ugh. That sounds miserable. Hope it gets better soon!

Lauri said...

Oh no! That's the worst! Aren't chamomile baths supposed to help or is that for chicken pox? Or for nothing at all and I just made it up? Feel Better!