Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Mmmm... Good weekend

Last week totally sucked, but I feel ready to face the world again after this weekend.



There were good friends (old friends laughing with new friends, seeing friends-in-law), beautiful leaves, yummy cider, good food, funny movie, cuddly pets, cozy throw blankets and time to relax.



Passive-Aggressive Bridal Couple totally behaved themselves for their engagement portrait session, which I think, goes to show that my sister, the contract lawyer, gives great advice. When the situation reached the point that I was fantasizing about pulling a Donald and screaming: "YOU'RE FIRED!" she told me when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em, when to push back to show "I mean business!" and how to do it. She rocks. In the future I'm going to try to implement the rest of the advice: "If the client cries, the price goes UP!" We'll see.



Actually, I just love October. I love Halloween, and wood smoke, and cozy sweaters. October always seems to be when I'm having fun, falling in love, celebrating a lot of favorite people's birthdays...



On a related note (I promise), I shot high school football on Friday night. It was the school's homecoming game, and they are one of the few schools in the area that has a marching band. Actually, they're one of the best high school bands in the nation, so I've done quite of few stories about them. They are some of my favorite kids that I regularly cover, for musicals and theater awards, etc etc. Most of last year's graduates were back for Homecoming, and predictably- some of them came out, got tongue rings, seem to be really happy and confortable in their own skin a way that only college freshman can be (and yeah, some of that "I LOVE my new life!" stuff is an act, but it's good to see them).



Band kids, though, are pretty universal in personality and attitude, actually, so I can't help but be reminded of people I know, people I used to know, and people I know as I used to know them.

I know you're out there, somewhere, turning 27. Happy belated birthday, you.



No comments: