Friday, October 15, 2004

I gagged. I actually gagged.

I was just looking on the Knot.com (involuntary shudder) for a basic Must-Take List that I could modify and send to Pleasantly Passive Bride, with the suggestion that she edit accordingly.



I don't know what it is about me and the wedding industry. It's scary, and painful, and yet- like a beetle to a bug zapper- I can't seem to stop poking around it. Yes, a bunch of people I love are getting married, and yes- I make an extra couple thousand dollars a year shooting weddings, so I can't really avoid it completely. But still. Bug zapper.



Must. Focus. On insect carcasses... illuminated by..... compelling blue light. Ooh..shiny!



Okay, that's not why I gagged, though thinking about carcasses of any kind can do that to you. The Knot's Must-Take Photo List is completely nauseating, not to mention unrealistic. Any photographer trying to follow this is going to come up short AND miss most of the real emotional moments. Christ. Feeling masochistic? Go here.



Feeling curious in that car accident kind of way?

From the preparation portion: "Groom getting ready with Dad and pals (tying the tie is a classic)

From the ceremony portion: "Close-up of groom's adorably nervous mug waiting for his other half"

From the portrait portion: "Bride with her happy, proud parents and/or stepparents"

From the reception portion: "Guests going nuts on the dance floor"



Could somebody please pass the saltines? Maybe I'll choke. Hey, what's the funny, buzzing blue light over there?

No comments: