Monday, November 24, 2003

I think I sprained my face.

Seriously.

I was driving back up to NY after the wedding, and my face was all sore. I couldn't figure it out. I was like, "Ow... I hope I'm not developing TMJ..." when I realized my face hurt from the constant forced smiling.

At one point, at the reception, after I caught myself saying the 500th inane pat response- "It was lovely.".... "Sure, I can totally take the tear out of that buttonhole in PhotoShop" (PUH-leaze, NO ONE can see it without a magnifying glass)... "No, the flower girl is NOT asleep in the van; she's in the bed and breakfast." "Yes, I just saw her."..."Yes, it WAS beautiful.".... "This is YOUR day."... "Oh, that 'Stacey's Mom' song is your favorite, yeah? It's catchy, I'll give you that."... "Um, you looked like you were having so much fun during YMCA"- I went to the ladies' room and stopped smiling. And it hurt, like when you have your hair pulled in a tight ponytail all day and finally take it down.

Huh.

No comments: