1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Bought a house.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
This question doesn't...really apply to me.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! Kristen. And H.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Well, yes. Brad.
5. What countries did you visit?
I didn't visit any foreign countries, but Hawaii was really cool.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 3, 2009- moving day.
December 9, 2009- Brad's day.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Setting up my own business, complete with studio, office, all new gear and computer.
9. What was your biggest failure?
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, but I had life-changing surgery.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Heh. Our real estate agent and attorney who implored the guy at Wells Fargo to physically walk over to the damn fax machine and check it while still on the phone instead of giving us the run-around AGAIN as what should have been a 45-minute closing dragged into its third hour.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Honestly? My own inability to cope. And the newspaper industry. I'll not get more specific than that.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Covering the inauguration.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
"The One Who Knows" by Dar Williams and "On The Phone With My Sister" by Catie Curtis
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
Happier in general, sadder as of late.
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Um....I own more valuable things now? So...?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Vacationing at the beach. Didn't make it there this year.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Working around the clock.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At my parents' with the fried dough and seafood and lots of rounds of Jingle Bells with Aiden.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009?
I literally hugged all the extra counter space in the mudroom the first time our real estate agent showed us the house. Does that count?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Intervention, Obsessed and Hoarders, my Monday night trainwreck lineup. And Glee! Oh, yeah. Glee.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, but I think some people hate me now, actually. So that's awesome.
24. What was the best book you read?
I guess the Julie/Julia Project.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
"In Your Time" by Bob Seger
26. What did you want and get by year's end?
A new comforter. Uggs.
27. What did you want and not get by year's end?
Forgiveness and reconcilation.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Nothing comes to mind.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30. I ate sugar-free pudding at a My Little Pony-themed party.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
Hand me downs.
32. What kept you sane?
I AM NAPOLEON BONAPARTE!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
My laid-off co-workers. I can't believe that we're all that's left. There should be a lot more people depicted here.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
It's a tie between Salonia and Lesley. Yeah. Definitely.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
When grieving, set up a support network of people who love you but don't know the deceased. Go to them first. Seek out solitude and embrace it during the anger phase.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"If anyone knows how strong you are, it's your little sister. It's your little sister." -Catie Curtis